Saturday, January 19, 2008

Four new pictures

Bicycle in pencil and watercolour. I wanted to draw one of those old dragster bikes we used to ride as kids. I like this picture but I was very close to giving it a pen outline. Not sure if I should have.

Fisherman in pencil and watercolour. I was trying to recapture the style of a previous picture ("A Change in Style"), with a rough pencil sketch and light watercolour, with lots of water.


Sophie in ink. I've just bought a nib and holder and am having a go at illustration using this method, dipping into ink. It's tricky but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I like the look of it much more than a pen.

Boy in ink and watercolour. I did this using the nib and thought it came out pretty well. I tried not to overdo the painting, to keep it simple.

5 comments:

lac said...

grate pic mate i love the sophie on

lac

Haroldgipps said...

Hair raising man, hair raising!

Herman said...

The catch of the day.

Michelle Henninger said...

I love this illo! Wonderful hair!

Haroldgipps said...

Worth framing!